Saturday, June 12, 2010

So much water, but so little water

So for the past three weeks or so, Yellowstone has been getting drenched with rain showers and snow(in some places). The rivers and creeks are pretty high this year. Yet in all of this abundance of liquid, the water to my trailer has been shut off. Apparently, the water pipe leading directly to my trailer and Sara and Ron's RV had a leak in it that was making Amanda and Brady's place sink into the ground. And I mean LITERALLY sink into the ground. It looks like the foundation sunk about one foot so far, but they turned off the water to my place so they could dig and fix the leak. Brady and Amanda were so kind to let me crash in their extra bedroom for a few days or until the pipeline gets fixed. But there has been no set date for it, so I have no Idea when that will be.

Got back onto the bear jams a couple days ago. For those of you who are just tuning in, bear jams are traffic jams caused by bears when they are visible from the road. And just like last year, there are a handful of visitors who park their giant RV in the middle of the one laned road, jump out, and run to the bear to take pictures.
Yes, I did say run to the bear.
When I first came here last year, my instinct was to run AWAY from the bears. I still have no idea to this day why someone would want to run towards a wild animal that can tear your face off with a swipe of the paw.
But despite all of my fears of getting my face swiped off, I somehow ended up about 10 ft from a bear when I helped it cross the road yesterday. Thank goodness there was a car to put between myself and the bear.

My ranger uniform is still looking awesome. I would love to put pictures up, but I would rather wait until my re-sized ranger hat comes in. No ranger uniform is complete without the hat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Myself in my uniform from a couple of years ago. I wear normal clothes to the office now.