Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fairy Falls

So I forgot to mention in the last post: when I was hazing the bear with Brady and Amy, I tripped over a rock and broke my camera. Luckily I still have my camera phone, but real pictures might not be up for a while.

On my day off last Thursday, I took a hike in the backcountry to Fairy Falls.

This was a gorgeous fall near the Midway geyser basin about 2.8 miles into the backcountry. (picture above) The falls are 197 ft in height, and halfway down the fall, the water hits a rock that causes it to cascade into a small pool enclosed by rock. The water then drains as Fairy Creek. Fairy falls is now a "must see" on my list if you are going to Yellowstone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Myself in my uniform from a couple of years ago. I wear normal clothes to the office now.